Audiobook Development Manager (m/f/d)
Full time, Office: Paris, France
Bookwire is a leading international digital publishing services company, specialising in the distribution of eBooks and audiobooks. We offer our clients a complete service from the production of the digital formats to their distribution, marketing and reporting, providing a complete solution for the management of their growing digital business.
Why we need you
The audio market is booming, whether it's audiobooks, voice assistants or podcasts, the trend is growing worldwide – also now in France.
As Audio Development Manager, you will build on our existing business, accelerating the growth of our customers in this segment and will also be responsible for the expansion of our award-winning audiobook production service to French publishers. You will steer publishing customers from the first consultation to the production of audio books and the distribution of finished audiobooks.
- With your knowledge and passion for digital publishing and audiobooks – and together with Bookwire’s Global Head of Audio and HQ team in Frankfurt - you will contribute to and execute the customer acquisition strategy for Bookwire’s audiobook business in France, growing Bookwire’s French lanugage audiobook catalgoue.
- You will represent and shape Bookwire's expertise in the audiobook market at public events and lead the acquisition of new clients and content, as well as in the development of the audiobook catalogue of existing French publishing clients.
- You will be the primary contact person for our customers in all matters related to the distribution and production of digital audiobooks in France.
- You will be responsible for project management of audiobook productions and coordination between the publisher, the studio, the audiobook narrator and Bookwire's account managers. Together with the publishers, you will prepare the audiobook productions and contribute your knowledge in digital distribution of audiobooks.
- You have a minimum of two years of work experience related to digital publishing, ideally with a focus on spoken word audio.
- You have excellent knowledge of the French digital publishing landscape with a strong network, as well as proven experience in business development and/or project management.
- You are a skilled communicator who is able to build relationships and influence decision makers, and you have a friendly, confident and service-oriented manner towards customers and partners. You also have strong English (written and verbal).
- You are very practical, maintain control and perspective while actively involved in change processes.
- You are autonomous and know how to take responsibility. As part of a dynamic international team, you also enjoy collaborating with various departments to carry out different projects.
At Bookwire you will find
- an exciting mission in an international, growing and innovative digital media environment
- creative freedom for your ideas and your commitment
- a young, growing, competent and very motivated team
- an open company culture and fast decision-making processes
- opportunities for ongoing professional development
- a long-term perspective in a continuously growing start-up
If we’ve captured your interest and you want to help shape Bookwire’s audiobook growth in France, please fill out the application form, indicating a possible starting date and your salary expectations.